Well, the 2014 San Diego Comic Con has come to an end and we will have lots to share these next few days. Do we wish it continued? Yes, but I guess life must go on. Each year we attend SDCC, it seems like there is something new and original and 2014 definitely brought it big from Zip Lines in Gotham City, life sized Hot Wheels Darth Vader Car, Godzilla in the back of the San Diego Convention Center, and yes, a real Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Pizza Thrower!
Pizza Hut would create something amazing and special for the TMNT fans and just in time before the release of Paramount Pictures Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles to hit theaters August 8th. The Pizza Hut TMNT Pizza Thrower would be found in the Petco Park parking lot where there were lots of cool events and activities going on throughout the San Diego Comic Con weekend.
When we first learned about the TMNT Pizza Thrower being built, we knew we would have to make a stop at Petco Park. There it was with lots of fans amazed as we were at first glance and seeing someone sitting on that chair on top and getting ready to aim that pizza launcher at Shredder and his Foot Clan.
Here are some of the stats for the Pizza Hut TMNT Pizza Thrower event at Petco Park:
- 5,500: Number of attendees that fired pizzas from the life-size, functional Pizza Hut Pizza Thrower
- 33 percent – estimated accuracy of participants
- 4,000 – Number of times Shredder target was hit by flying pizzas
- 10 percent – Percentage of participates that hit the target on all three attempts (it was tough!)
- 18,000+: slices of Pizza Hut Cheesy Bites pizzas were sampled (Yes, we definitely had to have a couple of slices ourselves!)
- 800+: Number of pizza boxes were used to make the furniture featured into the Pizza Hut/TMNT experience (photo below)
- : Opening day of Paramount Pictures Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles